Sign in to follow this  
Tweek

Rising Storm 2 Clan Match 02/08/17

18 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, this week we're doing something different for the event.

A Clan VS Clan event!

Be warned, everyone playing will be representing Black Legion so be on your best behaviour (No rage quitting/ No abuse)

We're going to do two games of supremacy, one game on their server and one on ours.

I want as many people to show up to this event at least 10-15 players and I've created a signup sheet so I can let the other clan know how many people we have turning up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CeL3LQPhV8ovSyveNVQCJ2Hj188UVQXxxFSTorXn1Vg/edit#gid=0 Write your name and yes or no if you're attending or not.

Please don't sign up if you're not 100% sure if you're coming as this is to have a fair number of players.

Thank you.

The clan we're facing is {G.F.A} a French clan http://steamcommunity.com/groups/team-gfa

Credits to @Gems for finding this clan.

Hm, will you use adjusted time settings for the maps then? If you really want to play 2 supremacy maps with switching sides, the game could take up to 3.5 hours. I don't think that it will, but it's a possibility and some people probably won't stick around that long.

Edited by marLeo

Don't we usually do two or maps when we play throughout the week outside of events without any problems? From what I recall SU is a fairly quick mode especially when one team has more objectives that the other

The last few weeks we only managed to play one map in skirmish before most people left. I reckon the motivation to stay will be higher with a game against another clan but I don't know for sure. Supremacy can be a mixed bag. There are very short games but there are also very long games that go the distance. I think the games will be more drawn out if both teams use teamwork and tactics to hold the crucial points and battle for the important ones like C and D on An Lao Valley. Except there is a noticebale difference in skill or tactics between the teams.

Me too. I don't wanna offend anyone here, but this clan isn't focused on anything at all. We'll see the result of this first hand on Wednesday I am afraid. 

Edited by Condoz

I'll be frank, 2 SU might be too long, I feel that playing one map on each side will be ample for the day, right now we don't have a focus on Rising Storm 2 and that's fine, that boils down to a lack of interest and dissapointment in the game we desperately wanted it to be.

"I don't want to offend anyone here" isn't a disclaimer, if you're going to say that you may as well not say what you're going to say afterwards. The clan is focused, just not on Rising Storm 2. We have many other projects going on behind the scene from media prodction to higher advertisments, simply because we aren't focusing on an area doesn't mean that things are not getting done, we arranged a clan match as a fun arrangement nothing to be taken in a life and death situation so the outcome of the game does not matter what so ever.

@Tweek has been doing a wonderful job since I've dumped this on him and he has been running events on time and taking Rising Storm 2 in a good direction in terms of activity and energy.

Yes, the clan isn't overly focussed on RS2 right now because of the disappointment the game has been since it's release with all the little problems. I would like to have a bit stronger focus on it but the game itself has to get better or else there won't be that many players left to play it.

The clan is focussed on ArmA though and moves in the right direction. What other things there are, I can't say.

So far only 8 people have signed up. Could you remind the others of this event when you see them please?

2 hours ago, marLeo said:

So far only 8 people have signed up. Could you remind the others of this event when you see them please?

I've spoken to @Tweek and he is in communication with the other clan about changing it from a SU map to a SK map just because of numbers and time restrictions.

From what I have talked to him when we were playing the game yesterday, they have already come to an agreementto play firebase and compound. 

Hi all, I had an exam today so I haven't gotten around to making this announcement until now, we have arranged it to be an 8v8 SK because of 8 people signing up.

At the end of the day, this event is just meant to be a little light hearted, fun and not serious, I'm just changing up the events so it isn't the same thing every week and to get us playing with another clan and to convince members to come back and play which didn't work.

Still, RS2 is still doing good for black legion standards the clan always goes through phases with games where they're popular for some time and the interest goes after a month but it comes back again and 8 people isn't terrible for an event especially when ARMA can get the same amount of players when the game isn't in season.

Obviously, I could do a better job and get more people to come, play rs2 more and recruit more members however I've never successfully recruited a person into any gaming clan, it's just not my speciality, I did a signup sheet for the event and spammed everyone on steam for this week and posted on Facebook, I cannot do any more than that and no one plays during the week anymore and if you know me well enough It's rare I play multiplayer games on my own.

Negative things aside the clan are doing well and although RS2 is stagnant it will start picking up again when the PUBG hype dies, yes i'm mainly blaming it on PUBG and Warrens obsession with if it's not ARMA it's not good, as long as I keep doing events people will turn up, besides we did skirmish for events when we had twice the player base so the difference of 8 players isn't a huge issue for SK and if it is we'll play in our public SK server and help recruit.

45 minutes ago, Tweek said:

Obviously, I could do a better job and get more people to come, play rs2 more and recruit more members however I've never successfully recruited a person into any gaming clan, it's just not my speciality, I did a signup sheet for the event and spammed everyone on steam for this week and posted on Facebook, I cannot do any more than that and no one plays during the week anymore and if you know me well enough It's rare I play multiplayer games on my own.

As I said before "I don't want to offent anyone"... this specifically applies to you Tweek, I'll sign what Gems said twice. You're doing a fantastic job and show much effort.

But this also goes in generally for everybody in here, seeing that BL is a much more loosly organized group that plays whatwver everybody wants at a given time.

I (coming from a clan that always had one game and the goal to excell at it, while doung whatever else outside of the  dedicated timeslots) feel it as a bit odd tho, that here we have 3-4 "official clan games, that don't get as much dedication as I expected.

That's all.

Sign in to follow this